Whimsical city

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Simply can't get enough of..

flea markets. 

Especially those that sell one-of-a-kind artworks, exclusive handmade crafty items and vintage collection. I'm a sucker for flea markets. No doubt about it. I could spend a whole day paving one end of the flea market to the other end, taking my own sweeeet time to admire the stuff s.l.o.o.o..o..w.l.y, AND THEN s.l.o.o.o..o..w.ly walk back again to the same stalls. 

That's why I was super excited when I knew from Murni that there'll be a huge crafty art market with more than 50 vendors being held at Markets@Jaya One, PJ on the 25th June 2011. I dragged my baby sister along with me because she would be the person I could exploit without guilt (i.e. to have to put up with my waaay-too-much-time-spent-in-one-stall-syndrome - La's Syndrome)

Me, under the spell of La's Syndrome. Hence, I can see nothing and hear nothing but to the displayed items in front of me until the spell is broken. Highly likely by the aching of my poor feet or the growling of my hungry stomach

There were just SO many stalls that charmed me! The countless vintage earrings, rings and clothes, handmade jewelleries and stationeries. The Lollipop House and Things Eye Made are a couple of the stalls that triggered La's Syndrome.


The earrings look just like lollipops, don't you think so?

The handmade pouches by The Lollipop House are to die for
Exclusive earrings and necklaces by Things Eye Made
Cool bracelets by Things Eye MadeI didn't snap a picture of these so I uploaded this photo from Things Eye Made's blog.

Button earrings at one of the stalls (sorry, I forgot the name of this stall). Don't you just wish to keep ALL of them?
Angry birds rings? Hmm.. nahh don't think so.. Haha
I ooh-ed and aah-ed at this one stall that I stopped at. My expression suited the name of the stall - Oh & Ah! LOL! I loved its handmade rings and necklaces and had a pretty tough time choosing one to bag home.

Handmade badges to adorn your boring bags?

Handmade necklaces and rings by Oh & Ah

Check out this Whenever Shop. I personally loved it! It has a collection of interesting books, notebooks, diaries, postcards, gift items, you name it. I spotted a few items, one of which an adoooorable notebook which I myself wouldn't "sampai hati" to scribble on it!! (I forgot to snap a picture of the notebook! *bummer*) The Vendor told me "Well, you can always give it as a gift to kawan or someone special." I thought to myself "True-lah. Tapi kalau-lah I can receive it as a gift, it would be so much better!"

Trust me, you wouldn't wish to scribble on the notebooks!

This is an interesting item from Whenever Shop. Placemats for you to draw! Every page inside is of a different design. SO Again, could you draw on it?? It's so loveeeely. Well, I personally couldn't. I probably would put another piece of transparent placemat to cover it if I were to use it. LOL!!

This is one of the item I bought at Whenever Shop and am loving it!! Such a retro item. Now I can use it to stamp my handmade cards ^0^

I bought these lovely stickers from Whenever Shop. It has 10x of each sticker so oookayyy-lah, I give myself permission to use maybe a couple of them and keep the rest till forever =P
 
Another stall which has a collection of interesting stationeries is Lollipupu. I bought a bunch of lovely pattern stickers and adhesive labels from it. Now I don't have to use glue or the ugly boring tapes to seal my gifts! And it's about time to brighten up those jars sitting at my kitchen counter top with these pretty labels...

Lovely kan these stickers and labels!
BYE BYE, you boring labels!!! WAHAHAHA!! Okay, I have to compose myself

And of course, I couldn't leave the market without paying a visit to Murni's stall. Her artworks are just dreamy and lovely. Checkout her blog at MimpiMurni.

Wanna join Murni at her dreamy dreamy land? I'm onboard!

Lovely buntings made personally by Murni

Me, wearing one of Murni's necklace collection


No one can stop at this stall and not gushed. It housed a collection of handmade dolls and pillows and lemme tell you this. They were just so sooooo adorable! You would have wanted to adopt all of 'em home!  Check out the collection at Beanipet!

Sweeeeeet! Dontcha want to snuggle with them?
Can you so no to her?
Lovely BallooNote by Beanipet to brighten up the room!
My baby sis, a poser, with the flower headband from one of the stalls
Me, also a poser, with Oh & Ah's ring
Ok-lah, we are posers and camwhores! LOL

There were just too many awesome Vendors to intro here. Check out Tongue in Chic's blog for a list of all the participating Vendors!

For those who missed this event, fret not. There are more to come! Mark down the following dates in your diaries!


Let's just say, I just simply couldn't get enough of them.. 

See you all there soon!!



1 comment:

jasmine said...

wow. i really see a lot of things i can splurge on.

too bad I missed it. so next one in Aug ya, la?