Whimsical city

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cherrian Chu in Town

Cherrian Chu a.k.a Chu Chu a.k.a Mrs Kenneth Lee was in town for the long weekend and staying over at my place. Monday was a public holiday.

She's one hell of a frequent flyer; ante- and post wedding. I think she easily flew more than 20 times this year! I admire her energy. Seriously.

I've got to know her since the CLP days. A fantastic cook and baker; bubbly and full of energy. [A definite wife material but sorry guys, she's taken] At the same time, a blur prawnhead and I'd wish then to strangle myself and not her (if that's ever possible) Yet, I love her - she is definitely one true friend that I could count on.

One more thing that I could definitely count on whenever she's around - balloon with a flick of my thumb. No kiddin'!! When it comes to food, Cherrian Chu knows best. She's an avid hunter for good food everywhere. Unlike me, she definitely has the heart to go look for good places to eat. I'm so so ever glad that I have friends like her and Jazmyn. LOL!!

Crispy Roast Duck at Restoran Sunrise

Cherrian Chu brought me to have roast duck at Restoran Sunrise, 31 Jln 21/1, SEA Park for our Sunday brunch. Seriously, I've never thought of having roast duck + rice as my 1st meal of the day. Just 2 of us consumed half a duck + rice + vegetables! [waistline bell ringing] *gulps*

But I enjoyed it anyway, the skin is crisp and the meat is tender. It comes with complimentary soup. Not the normal "ajinamoto" soup like how people called it, it's sour in taste adding flavour to our roast duck.

Cherrian Chu wanted to eat the "wanton mee" which she's been craving for. I'm not a wanton mee fan so it doesn't really appeal to me. But Cherrian Chu will always be Cherrian Chu - she WILL eat it no matter how. So, the next day, her brother Brandon came (from Kuala Lumpur) to pick us up from my home (at Petaling Jaya) all the way to the restaurant (at Kuchai Lama) to eat the wanton mee. I remember Brandon complained "We come alllllll the way to eat this wanton meeeee; I want to seeeeee if it's reaaaaaallly that gooooooood! Hahaha I can see Cherrian Chu was a li'l panicky so she immediately switched to defence mode and told us not to put too high expectation on the wanton mee.

Was our trip worth it? In my opinion (who is not a wanton mee fan, I reiterate) - it was GOOD. Not the normal wanton mee that I was expecting. The texture of the mee is different. It is called bamboo noodles at the restaurant. The mee is softly springy and it seems to melt in my mouth after just a few bites. I'm not exaggerating! It was really good! Try it yourself at Nippy Noodles Restaurant located at 25, Jalan Kuchai Lama Maju 7, Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park. The BBQ slices of pork which complimented the mee were to die for.


Bamboo Noodles at Nippy Noodles Restaurant

Fried Dumpling - Yummy!!

Our itinerary involves mostly eating and eating. We braved IKEA later the day (It's a public holiday so given the choice, I would definitely NOT submit myself to the sardine-packed crowd). But Cherrian Chu wanted to purchase some pots of flowers which were supposed to "attract wealth" for her mom so we do not have the choice. I thought I could use some flowers to attract some luck and romance myself. Haha!

Alas, we did not manage to make any purchases save for the following :-


The public holiday is over and Cherrian Chu is back to Singapore. I can't help but to post Cherrian Chu's artwork here - she's into flower arrangement lately. Keep it up, Chu Chu!


flowers arrangement by Cherrian Chu
Paper roses made and designed by Cherrian Chu



No comments: